The Settings page contains four tabs for General, Review, Notifications, and Advanced settings:
The General Settings section manages settings for all NoFraud integrations you create. In this section, you can set the following:
- Merchant IP List- If utilizing NoFraud's Phone Order screening feature, you must input a list of the IP addresses used to enter orders into your system to allow NoFraud’s system to identify them as phone orders. You can learn more about managing Merchant IPs here.
- Default Billing Email List- Enter the email address of the individual(s) that should receive billing-related emails. If left blank, the email address of the account holder will be used by default.
- Chargeback Protection - Use this section to request Chargeback Protection for your account. A NoFraud representative will reach out within 48 hours of the request.
If you have already requested Chargeback Protection this section will indicate Chargeback Protection Requested. Once confirmed and enabled by a NoFraud representative, the section will show Chargeback Protection Enabled.
- Mailer Time Zone & Clock Type - This section allows you to select your time zone and the clock type you wish to use in emails from NoFraud's system to your customers. By default, NoFraud will format all dates and times in Eastern Time (US & Canada) when referencing your transactions in emails sent to your customers.
- Product Type - Select the product type that you sell. If your integrated stores predominantly sell physical goods, select Goods. If your integrated stores predominantly sell digital goods/services, select Services.
The Review Settings section manages settings for each of your integrations individually. If you do not have more than one integration, you will not see the option to change between integrations. In this section you can set the following:
- NoFraud Verification Process - Here you can decide if you want to allow NoFraud's team of expert Fraud Analysts will manually review transactions that receive a decision of Review. If you wish to disable this option, please contact Support.
- Verification Reference Name- Customize the name NoFraud's system will use to reference this site in verification correspondence with your customers.
- Image Requests for Verification - Enable to allow NoFraud's analyst team to request supporting images from your customers in order to verify certain higher-risk transactions.
- Utilize Custom Email Account - Utilize this feature to have emails sent from NoFraud's system to your customers from your domain vs. the NoFraud domain.
- Verification Timeframe - Select the maximum number of business hours you wish to allow for the manual verification process for orders under review. Once the selected time-frame is met for transactions in the Review status will automatically be updated to Fail.
- Allow Text Messages for Verification - Allow NoFraud to send text messages to your customers for the purposes of verifying orders currently under review.
- Allow Phone Calls for Verification - Allow NoFraud to call your customers for the purposes of verifying orders currently under review.
The Notification Settings section manages notification settings for transactions that receive a status of Fail or Review. If you do not have more than one integration, you will not have the drop-down option to change between integrations. In this section you can set the following:
- Contact Email List - Enter the email address of the individual(s) that should receive transaction and account-related emails. If left blank, the email address of the account holder will be used by default.
- Send Review Emails - Enable to be notified when an order is placed under review.
- Send Fail Emails - Enable to be notified when an order fails the NoFraud screening process.
- Send Review Updates - NoFraud will contact you when a transaction - which initially received a decision of Review - is later updated to either Pass or Fail.
The Advanced Settings section manages settings for each of your integrations individually. If you do not have more than one integration, you will not see the option to change between integrations. In this section you can set the following:
- Live Mode - Turn this toggle on to put your account into Live Mode once integrated, fully tested and ready to launch.
- Passive Mode - If enabled, NoFraud will automatically Pass all incoming transactions. This mode should only be enabled in very specific scenarios and please contact Support with any questions.
- Review Passive Mode - If enabled, any order that received a NoFraud decision of Review will automatically be updated to Pass. In essence, enabling this mode will deactivate the Review process.
- Default Shipping to Billing - Turn this toggle on to automatically use the submitted billing address when the shipping address is left blank. Do not enable this setting if NoFraud will be screening digital goods.
- Auto-Cancel (Shopify only)- Enable for NoFraud to automatically cancel, refund, and restock orders that Fail NoFraud’s verification.
- Non-Credit Card Support (Shopify only) - Turn this toggle on to allow NoFraud to screen transactions where credit card information is not available (i.e., PayPal, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, etc.).
- Authorize and Capture Process (Shopify only)- Enable to prevent your fulfillment company from shipping fraudulent orders. This requires you set your Shopify Gateway settings to enable Manual Capture only.
- Screening of $0 Orders (Shopify only)- By default, NoFraud will not screen, nor provide any decisions for $0 value orders placed by your store. A NoFraud_skip tag will be added to those orders. To enable NoFraud screening on $0 orders, enable this setting.
Shopify Third Party Checkout Configuration
You can configure NoFraud with numerous third-party payment gateways & checkout apps by selecting the relevant image and following the configuration prompts.
- Auto-Cancel (BigCommerce only) - Enable for NoFraud to automatically cancel your BigCommerce orders that receive a decision of Fail.
- Allow Credit Card Only (BigCommerce only) - Enable for NoFraud to only screen your BigCommerce orders that were paid for with a credit card. Non-credit card transactions (such as those made via PayPal, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, etc.) will not be screened.
- Pass Order Status (BigCommerce only) - If an imported order is assigned a Pass decision by NoFraud, the status of that order, by default, will not be changed in BigCommerce. However, if you wish to have NoFraud update the status of such orders to something of your choosing, you can select the status you would like NoFraud to update to. Using the default option of Use Existing Status will not change the order status in BigCommerce for Pass orders.