The Integrations tab is where you can create, view, and edit your integrations.
Viewing a List of Existing Integrations
Creating a New Integration
To create a new integration, click the Create Integration button. You will need to input your Integration Name, Site Name (DBA), Site URL, and select the option for the type of integration you will be creating.
- Select Gateway Emulator if you are integrating pre-gateway with NoFraud’s gateway emulator support for Authorize.Net, Braintree, Cybersource, FirstData, Merchant e-Solutions, PayPal Payflow/Payments Pro, Payeezy, or USAePay. You will need to select your payment gateway from the dropdown and then input the indicated gateway credentials.
- Select Plugin if you are integrating via one of NoFraud’s various plugins. You will need to select the plugin your site is using from the dropdown. Please note: the plugin you are using will need to be configured in your site platform directly. For additional assistance, please view any documentation associated with your respective NoFraud plugin.
- Select Direct API if you will be creating a custom integration directly with NoFraud’s API. This type of integration does not require any additional information.
- Select Volusion if you will be integrating via NoFraud’s Volusion support. You will need to add your Volusion API for Generic Orders.
Once finalized, you can add additional information in regards to your site platform and/or payment gateway from the associated dropdowns before creating the integration.
Viewing/Editing an Individual Integration
Click the View/Edit button for the integration you would like to view or edit. Here you can view your integration’s API Key, or select the option to generate an API Key if your integration does not already have one. You can also modify certain options for your integration, including the Integration Name, Site Name (DBA), Site URL, Site Platform, and Payment Gateway.
- There can only be one BigCommerce plugin integration per user account, however, it does not matter how many or what types of other integrations there are.
- There can only be one Volusion integration per user account AND that integration must be the first/earliest created integration.
- You cannot drastically change your integration once created. If your site is changing the method by which it will integrate with NoFraud beyond what the edit options allow, you will need to create a new integration to work with your updated site.