Shopify customers using Recharge for subscriptions can have their Recharge orders screened by NoFraud. By default, we will screen both the initial subscription order, as well as any subsequent recurring orders associated with that subscription. Please contact Support if you'd like NoFraud to automatically skip recurring subscription orders.
Configuring NoFraud & Recharge
To configure NoFraud & Recharge, please follow these easy steps. If you have an existing active NoFraud account, you can skip steps 1-2 and proceed straight to step 3:
1. Install the NoFraud app from the App store.
2. Create a NoFraud account (part of the app-store setup process)
3. In the Settings page, click Advanced.
4. In the Shopify Third Party Configuration section, click Recharge.
5. In the popup, click Enable then click the link highlighted in blue.
6. Testing: Create a test subscription order on your store with the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. That should simulate a NoFraud Fail. Confirm that the order has been screened by NoFraud, cancelled and refunded.
NoFraud Workflow Automation
NoFraud offers two options for automating order cancellation if the subscription order resulted in a Fail decision:
Every order NoFraud screened is tagged with one of the tags below:
We recommend you confirm with your 3PL or fulfillment center to only import orders tagged with tags 1, 4, and 6 (subscription order that is not screened by NoFraud). This will ensure that only orders that are deemed by NoFraud to be safe will be shipped.
You can enable Auto-Cancel in the NoFraud portal, by visiting Settings > Advanced > Auto-Cancel. If enabled, we will communicate directly with Recharge to ensure that subscriptions that receive a Fail decision are canceled & refunded.