BigCommerce merchants utilizing Recharge for subscriptions can have their Recharge orders screened by NoFraud. By default, we will screen both the initial subscription order, as well as any subsequent recurring orders associated with that subscription. Please contact Support if you'd like NoFraud to automatically skip recurring subscription orders.
Configuring NoFraud & Recharge:
To configure NoFraud & Recharge on BigCommerce, please follow these easy steps. If you do not have an existing NoFraud account, please first install the NoFraud app from the App store then create a NoFraud account (part of the app-store setup process) or log in to your existing account to complete the following steps.
- First please ensure the Recharge app has been successfully installed on your BigCommerce Store. (If using a testing store, please inform the Recharge team to turn your store into a test store, or ask them to add your Strip test keys on Recharge for your store.)
- In Recharge, after having gone through all the Getting Started steps, navigate to Subscriptions > Add a Product and add the products that will be available for subscription users.
Next, enable the Subscription Widget on the Recharge Portal by going to StoreFront > Subscription Widget so that the Recharge checkout appears on the store. For reference: Understanding the Recharge subscription widget
After this is done, confirm the Recharge products that you added to the Products section are available in their subscription options at checkout. If you see them available, go ahead and go to the NoFraud Portal to complete the setup.
- Once logged in, navigate to the settings tab on the left-hand navigation bar. In the Settings page, click Advanced then select your BigCommerce integration from the drop-down below.
- Verify that “Allow Credit Card Only” feature is disabled:
- In Advanced Settings, scroll all the way down to locate the Third Party Configuration section, click Recharge.
- In the popup, click Enable then click the link highlighted in blue.
- Testing: Create a test subscription order on your store with the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. That should simulate a NoFraud Fail. Confirm that the order has been screened by NoFraud, canceled and refunded.
Once enabled in the Portal, you will be redirected to BigCommerce to authorize the connection. After this step has been completed, NoFraud will begin to screen Recharge transactions.Please Note: Enabling Recharge screening does not automatically engage automatic cancellation and refund actions. If you would like to automate this portion of the integration please continue to the next section.
Enabling Auto-Cancel & Auto-Refund
You can enable Auto-Cancel and Auto Refund in the NoFraud portal, by visiting Settings > Advanced in the Portal.
Initially, you will see only an auto-cancel option to enable, auto-refund is a function of auto cancel, so to enable auto-refund, auto-cancel must be enabled first. Once enabled refund options will then become available.
If both workflows are enabled, we will communicate directly with Recharge to ensure that subscriptions that receive a Fail decision are canceled & refunded.