INR is a common acronym for chargebacks relating to an Item Not Received claim by the cardholder. INR cases are a growing concern for e-commerce merchants battling unreliable shipping carriers and/or unsavory customers falsely claiming their merchandise is undelivered.
NoFraud eases the financial liability and burden of handling this growing challenge with our INR Protection plan:
How Does INR Protection Work?
NoFraud's INR Protection covers orders with valid tracking showing the merchandise as delivered, but the customer/cardholder claims the merchandise was not received. NoFraud’s INR Protection policy covers merchants for the cost & representment duties for eligible Item Not Received or similar chargebacks. If NoFraud Passes an order that later gets a chargeback with an eligible Item Not Received reason code, (displayed in the chart below), NoFraud will reimburse the merchant for the cost of the order and take over the responsibility of responding to the case. The coverage amount will be limited to the order amount when the transaction was Passed by NoFraud.
Eligible INR Reason Codes:
|Card Brand/Processor||INR Reason Code|
|Shopify Payments/Stripe||Product Not Received|
|Braintree||Product Not Received|
Item Not Received
INR Protection Requirements:
- Proof of delivery & other relevant evidence needs to be provided to NoFraud via the portal or via sub-user access. If the order is still in-transit or undelivered by the date the issuing bank initiates the chargeback, it is not eligible for coverage (unless still within the standard delivery timeframe).
- If the order is unfulfilled, lost by the carrier, returned to sender etc., or otherwise still in possession of the merchant when the chargeback is initiated, the order will not be covered and a claim should be filed with the carrier regardless of if it is within the standard delivery timeframe.
- For orders exceeding a total of $1,000 (USD), merchants are required to provide proof of signature or proof of signature requirements with the carrier.
- BOPIS orders (Buy Online Pick Up In-Store) are not eligible for INR Protection.
- INR Protection cases must be submitted to NoFraud no later than seven (7) days after receipt of the chargeback notice and at least five (5) business days prior to the chargeback due date.