INR is a common acronym for chargebacks relating to an Item Not Received claim by the cardholder. INR cases are a growing concern for e-commerce merchants battling unreliable shipping carriers and/or unsavory customers falsely claiming their merchandise is undelivered.
NoFraud eases the financial liability and burden of handling this growing challenge with our INR Protection plan:
How Does INR Protection Work?
NoFraud's INR Protection covers orders with valid tracking showing the merchandise as delivered, but the customer/cardholder claims the merchandise was not received. NoFraud’s INR Protection policy covers merchants for the cost & representment duties for eligible Item Not Received or similar chargebacks. If NoFraud Passes an order that later gets a chargeback with an eligible Item Not Received reason code, (displayed in the chart below), NoFraud will reimburse the merchant for the cost of the order and take over the responsibility of responding to the case. The coverage amount will be limited to the order amount when the transaction was Passed by NoFraud.
Eligible INR Reason Codes:
|INR Reason Code
|Product Not Received
|Product Not Received
Item Not Received
INR Protection Requirements:
- Full proof of delivery (POD) & other relevant evidence needs to be provided to NoFraud via the portal or via sub-user access. The POD must display the full delivery address matching the address on the corresponding order that was Passed by NoFraud.
- Other relevant evidence that you may be required to provide includes the shipping label, screenshots of your correspondence with the customer, and other relevant documents.
- INR Protection is not a replacement for good customer service. Failure to respond to your customers' correspondence, withholding valid refund requests, and failing to provide adequate basic customer service within the card brands' Terms of Service will result in a case being disqualified from coverage.
- The order must be delivered within the standard delivery timeframe. INR Protection does not apply to back-ordered items or items delivered outside of the standard delivery timeframe.
- Orders that are still in transit at the time of the chargeback or are delivered after the chargeback date are not eligible.
- If the order is unfulfilled, lost by the carrier, rerouted while in transit, delivered to an address other than the original shipping address screened by NoFraud etc., it will not be covered. In these circumstances, we recommend filing a claim with the relevant carrier.
- For orders exceeding a total of $1,000 (USD), the POD must show signature confirmation. If the carrier fails to collect the signature, we may require proof of the signature request or relevant carrier settings.
- BOPIS orders (Buy Online Pick Up In-Store) are not eligible for INR Protection.
- INR Protection cases must be submitted to NoFraud no later than seven (7) days after receipt of the chargeback notice and at least five (5) business days prior to the chargeback due date.