Order details can be edited and resubmitted for screening up to seven days after a transaction is placed.
The most common reason for editing and resubmitting an order is when a customer wants to ship the product to a different address than was initially screened or change some other aspect of the order details or merchandise. Modified orders are only eligible for Chargeback Protection if they are edited in the NoFraud portal within seven days of being placed. For Shopify merchants, some order edits that are made in your Shopify dashboard will automatically update the NoFraud portal.
How To Edit/Resubmit An Order In The NoFraud Portal:
To edit/resubmit a transaction, click the Edit Transaction button on the transaction page to update any details that were changed after NoFraud initially screened the order. Editing a transaction in the NoFraud portal will automatically re-submit the order to be screened again and will cancel the initial transaction within NoFraud. The new transaction will only be covered with Chargeback Protection if the NoFraud decision is Pass.
Once selecting the Edit Transaction button, the screen below will appear where you can edit the applicable fields. Once the updates to the transaction are entered, click Save and check for the updated transaction on the Transactions page.
Important Things To Note About Editing a Transaction:
Please note, the following requirements must be present to be able to edit a transaction.
- Changes must be requested by the account owner or a sub-admin; agents and limited agents will not able to edit transactions.
- The transaction must be within 7 days from the initial screening.
- The transaction cannot have an associated chargeback submission.
- The transaction cannot already be previously marked as canceled.
- The gateway status for the transaction cannot be Fail or Error.