|Important Note: The information in this article specifically pertains to Bold Subscriptions V1. If you are utilizing Bold Subscriptions V2, please contact our Support team for more information about configuring your account. To learn more about the difference between V1 & V2, please visit Bold's Help Center.|
Configuring NoFraud to Screen Cashier and Bold Subscription Orders?
In the NoFraud portal, select the Settings page, and click on the Advanced tab:
Next, scroll to the Shopify Third Party Configuration section, and click on the Cashier or Bold icon depending on which option you are trying to configure with NoFraud:
Once you've selected on the icon, in the popup, click the Enable button. This action will send a request to Cashier ensuring they send the required data back to Shopify for NoFraud to use in its decisioning.
Once the third-party checkout enables the functionality, you should be able to view the customer's card details in the Additional Details section of every order in Shopify.
|Please Note: The exact attribute names and values sent by Bold to Shopify will differ based on the specific payment gateway used for the order. All payment gateways will pass the customer's IP address to Shopify's order attributes, which is the minimum required data for NoFraud to screen an order. Only Stripe, Authorize.net, SagePay, and Braintree will also pass the credit card BIN, CVV result, and AVS result.|
Testing Your NoFraud + Bold Configuration
Manually create an order in whichever Bold platform you configured with NoFraud (Cashier or Subscriptions). When the integration is successful, you should see the NoFraud analysis and tag on the Shopify order page:
Once Configured, Here is How it Works:
When Bold Cashier or Subscriptions is successfully configured, NoFraud tags every order imported from Bold to Shopify with one of these tags:
- nofraud_pass (safe to ship)
- nofraud_fail (unsafe)
- nofraud_review (hold for review)
- nofraud_updated_pass (safe to ship)
- nofraud_updated_fail (unsafe)
- nofraud_skip (required for recurring subscription orders)
Confirm that your 3PL or fulfillment center is only importing "safe to ship" tags (nofraud_pass and nofraud_updated_pass), as well as the nofraud_skip tag for recurring subscription orders. With this in place, any fraud order or order held for review will not be fulfilled.
|Please Note: The nofraud_error tag is extremely rare and we recommend you reach out to Support should you encounter it. You can read more about the NoFraud Shopify tags here.|
Important Things to Note
- For Bold Subscription orders, NoFraud will only screen the first order of a subscription, and the subsequent recurring orders will be skipped from screening.
- Currently, NoFraud does not support automatic refunds for Failed orders placed on Bold Cashier or Subscriptions. This means, that when an order is identified as fraud and you have the NoFraud Auto-cancel setting enabled, the order will be canceled and restocked in Shopify but you will need to manually refund the order in Cashier.