When a customer calls to place an order over the phone, by default, NoFraud collects digital data that
comes from the customer service representative entering the order into the system (and not
directly from the customer making the order request). This may result in a less comprehensive fraud screening and may result in an inconclusive decision. To solve this problem, by enabling the NoFraud Phone Orders function we will collect the customer's necessary data and connect it to the relevant order that your phone rep submitted on their behalf.
How Phone Order Screening Works
A snippet of JS code is placed on your site, which will show a Customer ID to the end-user (i.e. the customer calling in to place the order). This Customer ID is generated randomly by NoFraud.
- When a customer calls in to place an order, the customer service rep should ask the customer for that Customer ID. The rep then enters that Customer ID in the NoFraud portal along with the customer's email address.
- The rep places the order on the customer's behalf, following the standard checkout process on the front end of your website (this will not work for orders placed on the back end of a website).
- When an order comes to NoFraud for screening with a matching email address, the NoFraud API will connect the digital data received to the customer.
Adding the Phone Order Code to Your Site
To enable the Phone Order functionality to your website, follow these steps:
- Include the following script on your website pages:
Have your web developer or designer select where to display the Customer Code on your website (we recommend placing it somewhere non-invasive as to interfere with the average shopper's user experience but easy enough for a rep to guide the customer to it).
- Style the Customer Code to your liking with an HTML element of your choice, such
<span id='nf_customer_code'></span>Any HTML element will work, as long as it accepts text and has an HTML ID of 'nf_customer_code'.
How Your Agents Can Submit a Phone Order in the Portal
When a customer calls in an order and goes through the Customer Code process with the rep, the rep will then need to submit the order in the NoFraud portal to ensure that the correct order data is associated with the correct phone order. Reps can submit phone orders in the portal following these steps:
- Navigate to https://portal.nofraud.com/customer_code
- Enter the Customer ID—the field will highlight green if a matching ID is found. If the ID cannot
be found, the submission will fail. This is done to ensure the customer is giving the correct
- Add the email address and hit “Submit.”
- If the email was entered incorrectly, you can use the “Edit” button to change the email
address (but not the Customer ID code that was entered.
Adding/Removing Merchant IPs
If you are accepting phone orders on a regular basis, you will need to add any internal IP addresses being used by your agents to submit phone orders to the Merchant IP section in the NoFraud portal. This will inform our system to recognize these IP addresses as belonging to your business, and thus not unnecessarily flag orders submitted via one of those IPs.
In the portal, visit Settings > General Settings > Merchant IP List. In the Merchant IP List popup, you can add IPs by pasting them into the field and hitting the Add IP button. Remove merchant IPs by selecting the edit icon and hitting the red 'x' next to the IP address you'd like to remove.