Auto-Cancel : If enabled, NoFraud will automatically cancel any order that fails. The status of the order will change from "Awaiting Fulfillment/Shipping" to "Canceled" within a few seconds of being screened. Enabling this setting will also allow, but not require, the enabling of the Auto-Refund setting, more information on this can be found below.
Auto-Refund: This setting can only be enabled if Auto-Cancel is also enabled, however it is optional. If enabled, when an order receives a FAIL decision, NoFraud will automatically attempt to refund the order. If the auto-cancel and refund are successful, the status of the order will change from “Awaiting Fulfillment/Shipping” to “Refunded” instead of “Canceled” within a few seconds.
Please note: due to the limitation of certain payment gateways, the auto-refund process may not work for your specific BigCommerce integration. If this setting is enabled and you experience issues with refund attempts failing, please disable this feature.
Auto-Cancel and Auto-Refund settings
Example Status on BigCommerce:
To disable the Auto-Cancel and Auto-Refund settings, set the toggle to Disabled for the "Auto-Cancel" option in your "Settings" menu under the "Advanced" tab. As the Auto-Refund setting is dependent on the Auto-Cancel setting being enabled, this will ensure both are disabled.
To prevent auto-refunding orders that were already shipped, if the order is manually changed to a "shippable" status during the NoFraud Review process, and is therefore not in one of these four statuses, NoFraud will not automatically cancel and refund the order and manual adjustment will be required:
- AWAITING FULFILLMENT - This is the default order status immediately after an order is placed. Thus, if an order is placed and immediately FAILED by NoFraud, the status will update to REFUNDED automatically.
- MANUAL VERIFICATION REQUIRED -This is the default status for orders under review by NoFraud. Thus, if NoFraud reviews an order and ultimately FAILED it, the status will update from to REFUNDED automatically. There is no change to the process if we PASS an order that is under review.
- AWAITING PAYMENT- This is an additional status that an order can be in that will allow the Auto-Cancel feature to operate.
- CANCELED - If, during the NoFraud review process, an order is manually changed to CANCELLED and then FAILED by NoFraud, the order status will automatically update to REFUNDED.
- PARTIALLY REFUNDED - If, during the NoFraud review process, an order is manually changed to PARTIALLY REFUNDED and then FAILED by NoFraud, the remaining amount will be automatically refunded and the order status updated to REFUNDED.
Screening non-credit card orders: By default, NoFraud will screen all orders, including non-credit card transactions (such as PayPal, Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, etc.). To disable this setting, turn on the toggle for "Allow Credit Card Only" in your "Settings" tab.
Pass order status: If an imported order is assigned a Pass decision by NoFraud, the status of that order, by default, will not be changed in BigCommerce. However, if you wish to have NoFraud update the status of such orders to something of your choosing, you can select the status you would like NoFraud to update to. Using the default option of "Use Existing Status" will not change the order status in BigCommerce for Pass orders.
For example, if this setting is set to "Use Existing Status" and a particular order is updated to "Awaiting Fulfillment" in BigCommerce, the order will be imported into NoFraud's system, screened, and assigned a decision. If the order is assigned a decision of "pass", NoFraud will not change the BigCommerce status, so it will remain as "Awaiting Fulfillment." If, however, you had previously selected a pass update status of "Awaiting Shipment", and the same order had been screened and assigned a decision of "pass", NoFraud would update the BigCommerce status of that order to "Awaiting Shipment."
Updating "review" orders: If NoFraud assigns a decision of "review", the status of the order will be changed to "Manual Verification Required" in BigCommerce. A NoFraud Analyst will later update the status of the order in the NoFraud Portal to either "pass" or "fail". This update will also update the status of the order in your BigCommerce dashboard. For updating to a "fail", NoFraud will update the BigCommerce status to "Cancelled" unless you have auto-cancel disabled. For updating to a "pass", if you have a pass update status of "Use Existing Status" configured, the BigCommerce status will be reverted to whatever it was before NoFraud changed the status to "Manual Verification Required". Otherwise, NoFraud will change the status to whatever you have configured for your pass order status configuration.
All other account settings are outlined here.