When an order is screened via our Shopify app, NoFraud will communicate our decision (Pass, Review or Fail) via the order Tags. Tags are located towards the bottom right of the Shopify order page, just below the Fraud analysis:
NoFraud's Shopify Order Tags
Every Shopify order will be tagged by NoFraud with one of the tags below:
- nofraud_pass: Order has been deemed low-risk and safe to ship.
- nofraud_fail: Order has failed our fraud screening and should not be processed.
- nofraud_review: This tag will show on orders that we place into a Review status. This will later be updated to Pass or Fail once the review is completed.
- nofraud_updated_pass: This tag will show when an order was initially placed into the Review or Fail status, and after review by a NoFraud analyst was updated to Pass. Please Note: The initial Review or Fail tag will still appear in the Shopify backend, but an updated tag indicated the order status has been updated.
- nofraud_updated_fail: This tag will show when an order was initially placed into the Review or Pass status, and after review by a NoFraud analyst was updated to Fail. Please Note: The initial Review or Pass tag will still appear in the Shopify backend, but an updated tag indicated the order status has been updated.
- nofraud_skip: This tag will show on orders that we do not screen. The most common reasons are:
- When the NoFraud Settings are set to skip non-credit card transactions and the order fell into such a category
- Orders with a $0 order value.
- A required data point is unavailable leaving NoFraud without enough information to screen the order properly (ex: no IP address). Please note that many third-party checkout orders will be skipped for this reason if you have not set up your account to screen such orders (Setting>Advanced).
- Subscription recurring orders. NoFraud will only screen the first order of a subscription.
To learn about the Merchant controlled skip tag, click here.