If your account is enrolled in our Chargeback Protection plan, all orders NoFraud receiving a Pass decision are eligible when in compliance with our Chargeback Protection Policy.
What is Chargeback Protection & Which Orders are Eligible
Enrolling in Chargeback Protection gives your account an extra layer of protection against fraudsters and revenue loss due to fraud. If a fraud or authorization related chargeback is initiated against a qualified order, NoFraud will refund you for the full amount of the chargeback and handle the chargeback response to the cardholder's bank.
Meaning, with Chargeback Protection, revenue loss due to fraud chargebacks is a thing of the past!
Which Orders are Eligible for Chargeback Protection:
- Passed Orders: If your account is enrolled in Chargeback Protection, any order Passed by NoFraud will qualify for coverage. (*exceptions listed below)
The chargeback eligibility status of an order is available on the transaction's page in the NoFraud portal.
Eligible Chargeback Reason Codes:
Only chargebacks with the following reason codes are eligible for Chargeback Protection:
|10.5 (1050)||(Visa) Card-not-present fraud|
|10.4 (1040)||(Visa) Card-not-present fraud|
|F24||(Amex) No cardmember authorization|
|F29||(Amex) Card-not-present fraud|
|UA02 (7030)||(Discover) Card-not-present fraud|
|4752||(Discover) Not recognized/not authorized|
|AA||(Discover) Does not recognize|
|4837 (37)||(MasterCard) No cardholder authorization|
|4863 (63)||(MasterCard) Cardholder does not recognize|
|Fraudulent||(Stripe/Shopify Payments) Card-not-present fraud|
What's Not Covered by Chargeback Protection:
- Orders that received a NoFraud decision of Fail.
- Phone orders that are entered into the system without correctly utilizing the phone order function.
- Orders that failed at the gateway.
- Packages that were rerouted to an address that is different than the shipping address used to place the order.
- Orders without proof of delivery.
- Non-fraud related chargebacks (for example, “Item Not Received” or other similar cases).
- Chargebacks that were submitted to NoFraud within 5 business days of the due date.
- If relevant chargeback documentation is not available to NoFraud and not provided by the merchant at the request of NoFraud. E.g. the order invoice, chargeback notification, payment gateway data etc.
In the case that a chargeback was not eligible for reimbursement, you can view the reason for the disqualification by hovering over the UNQUALIFIED AND CLOSED text in the NoFraud portal.